- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Leibniz University Hannover (Germany)
- Master of Science in Computational Engineering, Leibniz University Hannover (Germany) - in progress
Field of Research[править]
- Finite Element Method (FEM)
- Buckling of cylindric shells
- Dynamic buckling of rods
My Experiences at Department of Theoretical Mechanics[править]
From April, 10th to October, 10th 2015 I have lived in Saint Petersburg and worked at Departmet of Theoretical Mechanics.
Why have I been here?[править]
I am studying Computational Engineering at Leibniz University Hanover. This study contains two semesters of lectures, one semester of an internship and one semester of Master's thesis. If we are interested in research, we are allowed to do the internship at an university abroad instead of doing it in industry. Research was one reason why I decided to come to Saint Petersburg for half a year. But I was also interested in meeting new people, get to know a new culture and learn some Russian.
What have I done here?[править]
I was researching with Vitaly A. Kuzkin on dynamic buckling of columns, especially on Hoff's Problem. We found a way of solving Hoff's non-linear differential equation analytically by the use of some assumptions. For more details see the following presentation.
- Mona Dannert
- E-Mail: mona.dannert$ @ $stud.uni-hannover.de