I am Йессе Брункхорст, 25 years old and studying Energy- and Environmental Engineering at Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH). I am very thankful that I received an invitation to St. Petersburg by the cooperation of SPbSTU and IPME with the Institute of Solids Process Engineering and Particle Technology at TUHH.
My stay will be from 18th of March 2011 until the end of January 2012. While doing an internship and writing my diploma thesis I am looking forward to getting in contact with Russian lifestyle, learning about and from the way work and research are done here at the university in comparison to Hamburg.
Research assistant at the Institute of Wastewater Management and Water Protection at TUHH
Sustainable economic management and engineering
- 20 weeks of an internship at Imtech Russia from 21th of March till 5th of August 2011
- - Currently working on a project concerning possibilities of refurbishment on panel buildings in St. Petersburg with the aim to establish a pilot project for demonstration
- Extension of the work at Imtech about refurbishment of panel buildings to a diploma thesis (beginning in September 2011) in cooperation with the St.Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Department "Theoretical Mechanics" (TM) and Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering (IPME).
- - Looking forward to input from a different point of view on the topic by working for and with TM and IPME
- - Searching for possibilities to implement simulations to use TM and IPME knowledge for the refurbishment project, e.g. concerning heat transfer or other issues
- Suggestions or ideas are always welcome
- Playing Tennis, Table Tennis (Ping Pong), Volleyball
- Who wants to learn juggling with 3 balls (enough at the beginning) can contact me for hints or maybe a free lesson